JANUARY JOURNAL: DAY 24
Today is a day to practice being thankful. The sun is shining but my heart feels dark. Thankfulness is one way to open the blinds to let some light in. Going to sit out in the sun, like I will do in five minutes, is another.
Today I am thankful for:
- Friends and family who are praying for me.
- Watching the amaryllis bulb I got for Christmas start to grow.
- Having a meal in the crock pot.
- The Mother & Son book I'm reading.
- A great dinner conversation with friends last night.
- A great breakfast conversation with another friend this morning.
- Warm sunshine in January.
- Memorizing "The Road Not Taken" with Bauer.
- The cuteness of Sailor.
- A quiet house and kids at school.